- Generate a quick-subscribe email by clicking on the list(s) you want to subscribe to:
- Confirm the "from" address is the one you wish to subscribe and hit "send".
- Purpose: The listservs are the primary means for communicating news and events, sponsor and policy changes, and system updates that affect the entire NU research community.
- Use: General announcements are released simultaneously on both OSR_CHICAGO and OSR_EVANSTON listservs. Chicago- or Evanston-campus specific announcements are distributed (only) on the respective campus listserv. Important news and event items are also mirrored on the OSR website in the "News" and "Events" sections.
- Moderation: The OSR listservs are strictly moderated lists with all messages originating from or being sent by OSR on behalf of an institutional partner. [There is no community forum associated with either OSR listserv.]
- List Subscription: Anyone with an active, valid NU email address may subscribe to either / both of the OSR listservs. Valid NU addresses include any email address issued by Northwestern University (i.e. those ending in northwestern.edu) or its affiliates (e.g. Northwestern Medicine, Lurie Children’s, SRAL).
- Validation & Approval: All new subscribers must validate their email address and owner/editor approval is required.
IT Administrative Systems Emails
Core Financial Systems Users
- Administrative Systems News Digest - Monthly
- Administrative Systems Tips & Tricks - Monthly
- Financial Reports Notification - Monthly
- User Panel Participation
InfoEd PD Listserv
FFRA also maintains specialized listservs. For heavy users of InfoEd, you may wish to subscribe to the INFOED-PD-USERS listserv, which provides information about system updates, up-to-the-minute information when there are system issues, and tips & tricks for InfoEd use. To subscribe:
1. Send a plain text e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with no subject line.
2. Type the following command in the message: SUBSCRIBE INFOED-PD-USERS
- Compose a new plain text email from the email account you would like to subscribe.
Fill in the email as follows:
Subject: <leave blank>
Body: SUBSCRIBE listname [Note: The listname is the part before the @listserv.it.northwestern.edu. (i.e. OSR_CHICAGO or OSR_EVANSTON)]
Log in with the email account subscribed to the list
Click Subscriber's Corner.
Under My Lists, find the list name you want to unsubscribe from and click [Settings] next to the name.
Click Unsubscribe (LISTNAME) at the bottom.
If you have any problems subscribing or have questions about the OSR listservs, please contact us for assistance.