FastLane is a website which facilitates business transactions and the exchange of information between the National Science Foundation (NSF) and its client community including researchers, reviewers, research administrators, and others doing business with NSF. FastLane’s PI/Co-PI functions include proposal preparation, proposal status, project reports, system notifications & requests, and continuation funding status.
FastLane can be accessed at: https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/. Using the system requires an NSF ID.
- If you need to register for an NSF ID, use the NSF Account Registration Form.
- If you are not sure if you have an NSF ID, use the NSF ID Lookup feature
- If you require more information about NSF Accounts, visit the About Account Management page on the research.gov website.
- If you want to affiliate your Northwestern NetID with your NSF ID, see the InCommon Integration: Getting Started Guide.
For more information or assistance using FastLane, see NSF’s Introduction to FastLane.
Functions Available to Registered Users
- For the Researcher
- Prepare a letter of intent in response to an NSF solicitation
- Prepare and update a proposal
- Check on proposal status
- Submit post-award notifications and requests to NSF
- Sponsor a proposal for a postdoctoral fellowship
- Submit letters of reference for a proposal
- For the Office for Sponsored Research
- Certify, sign, and submit letters of intent, proposals, and post-award requests
- Manage the NSF accounts for members of your research organization