About InfoEd Proposal Review Workflow
The initiative to streamline proposal and award processing in the Office for Sponsored Research (OSR) takes a major step forward with the implementation of Proposal Review Workflow in InfoEd on March 17, 2016. Key features of the new Proposal Review Workflow process using InfoEd include:
Updated process flows within InfoEd PD for administrative shell and final proposal review and submission
New statuses to accommodate the new system-based process flows
Visual proposal workflow map to allow users to see which proposals are in each status
Action items with associated email notifications to facilitate the handoffs between statuses
Action Item List to enable individual users to quickly see all open items assigned to them
The aim of Proposal Review Workflow is to improve the quality, efficiency, and transparency of the proposal development and submission process, as well as to provide relevant metrics to facilitate organizational decision-making. The next phase of the initiative will be developing and refining metrics. For more information, visit the FFRA website.
Resources & Training
- FFRA’s recently updated Proposal Workflow Reference Guides:
- A Cognos report on in-progress proposals is available at OSR Query: Proposals in Process for anyone with Cognos ad hoc access. [Note: Data will be current as of the previous night’s data warehouse refresh.]
- Download copies of the Proposal Review Workflow presentations given on the Chicago and Evanston from the OSR website.
- View the InfoEd Proposal Review Workflow Webinar that was presented live on March 16, 2016 (View time: 32 minutes)
- Contact the IT Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-491-4357 [1-HELP].
- Visit OSR Help Central at: http://osr.northwestern.edu/helpcentral