FastLane is a website which facilitates business transactions and the exchange of information between the National Science Foundation (NSF) and its client community including researchers, reviewers, research administrators, and others doing business with NSF. FastLane's PI/Co-PI functions include proposal preparation, proposal status, project reports, system notifications & requests, and continuation funding status.
FastLane can be accessed at: https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/. Using the system requires an institutionally-assigned ID/password.
- If you are new to FastLane, use the FastLane Account Request Form to request a new FastLane account.
- If you are not sure if you have a NSF ID, use the NSF ID Lookup feature
- If you forgot your password, go to www.research.gov and click “Log In,” then “Forgot Password.”
- If you are having login problems, see the NSF FastLane Login Tips.
- If you want to affiliate your Northwestern NetID with your research.gov/Fastlane Account, see the InCommon Integration: Getting Started Guide.
For more information or assistance using FastLane, see NSF's Introduction to FastLane.
Functions Available to Registered Users
- For the Researcher
- Prepare a letter of intent in response to an NSF solicitation
- Prepare and update a proposal
- Check on proposal status
- Submit post-award notifications and requests to NSF
- Sponsor a proposal for a postdoctoral fellowship
- Submit letters of reference for a proposal
- For the Office for Sponsored Research
- Certify, sign, and submit letters of intent, proposals, and post-award requests
- Manage the NSF accounts for members of your research organization